Saturday 21th May 2022
Parking will be at East Strand Pay and Display Car Park Portrush.
47 Causeway St
Parking costs 30p per hour. Please note that there is a 2.2m height restriction.
There are public toilet facilities close by the car park.
- Juniors £4 (NIOA members £3)
- Full-time Student £4 (NIOA /BOF/IOA members £3)
- Seniors £9 (NIOA /BOF/IOA members £7)
Entries via SIEntries Website are now closed. We have some additional maps printed. Use the contact form below to request a late entry.
- Enter Online
- Edit your Entry
- View Entry Lists
Closing Date for Entries Sunday 15th May
New to Online Entry?
- Register your details
- Club – If you are not a member of a club (yet!) please select ‘IND’ for individual
- Start Window – Select the time that suits you best, you can begin your course any time in that window
- SI Timing Card – Also known as a ‘dibber’. We will have these available for you at registration
- Families or friends going round the course together: No need to register all: One entry = one map. So, decide on how many maps you want and register accordingly with the name/s you want to appear in the results
We should be able to accommodate a small number of late entries, but late entries cannot be guaranteed.
Start, Finish and enquiries/download are at East Strand car park
Starts will be 1100-1230.
Courses close at 1400.
These will operate from 1030.
Having entered online you can go directly to the start. Runners who have hired a dipper can collect them from Enquiries.
- Open 5.7km (8.4 km optimal route)
- Med 3.6km (5.3 km optimal route)
- Short 2.2km (2.8 km optimal route)
NB In line with Urban Orienteering practice the course details include an optimal route length. Of course this is much longer than the normally quoted straight-line length.
Open and Medium are for 16 years plus, Short is suitable for all, including under 16s as no main road crossings are involved. All runners must exercise extreme care while crossing public roads.
Sportident Electronic punching with beacon mode enabled for SI Air on all controls but not on the start and finish boxes which must be “dipped” in the traditional manner. Ordinary SI cards will work on all controls as normal.
Passive SI dippers will be available to borrow at enquiries for those who do not have their own.
Please bring your own water and make sure you are fully hydrated before starting.
- All courses will encounter some road crossings – please take appropriate care.
- This is a busy public area – please take normal precautions.
Organiser: Des Fletcher
Planner: Des Fletcher
Controller: David Blair
Date(s) - 21st May 2022
11:00 - 12:30
Portrush - East Strand Car Park