Saturday 2nd April 2022
Parking will be in the main Drum Manor Forest car park. Please note that a £4 pay and display charging system per car will operate.
This is a Pre-entry event.
- Juniors £6 (NIOA members £5)
- Full-time Student £6 (NIOA /BOF/IOA members £5)
- Seniors £12 (NIOA /BOF/IOA members £10)
- Family Multiple Individual runs £30 (NIOA /BOF/IOA members £25)
- Group / Family Runs up to Orange course – ask on the day
Closing Date for Entries Sunday 27th March (some late entries available)
We should be able to accommodate a small number of late entries, but late entries cannot be guaranteed.
Please use the contact form below to request an entry (number of runners and preferred course). Make sure you include an email address!).
Starts from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Earlier start should be available for parents wanting non-overlapping runs
When entering online please choose an available 15-minute start block. The number of starters in each block has been limited to aid with social distancing.
Start and Finish are both adjacent to the parking/registration.
All competitors must download even if they do not complete their courses.
Courses Close at 3.00pm.
Online Entry Closed
Some late entries are available by request (use the contact form at foot of this page).
Entries close on Sunday 27th March at midnight.
Event Enquiries will operate from 10:30am.
Having entered online you can go directly to the start. Runners who have hired a dipper can collect them from Enquiries.
Sportident Electronic punching with beacon mode enabled for SI Air on all controls but not on the start and finish boxes which must be “dipped” in the traditional manner. Ordinary SI cards will work on all controls as normal.
Passive SI dippers will be available to borrow at enquiries for those who do not have their own.
All courses will run on an updated version of the previous 1:7,500 map. The Brown course will split into two halves (one on each side of the map) to maximise clarity for competitors.
|Distance (km)||Climb (m)|
There are good toilet facilities associated with the Forest Park car park
Dogs should be kept on a lead.
The top half of the forest has been thinned recently. The ground is very rough and the area is covered in large machine tracks. These are not marked on the map.
There are more brambles than usual for this time of year owing to the mild winter. Full leg cover is recommended.
Coronavirus Safety Measures
This event is organised within the Covid regulations laid down by the NI Government and British Orienteering.
Start Times are pre-allocated in 15min blocks so that we can minimise the number of people at the various stages of the event. Please time your arrival so that you can get to your start just in time.
As we are using public areas please be mindful of other users and give them space.
Please be careful while pre and post-activity socialising and maintain your distance.
IMPORTANT You MUST NOT attend the activity if:
- You are unwell with a cough, fever or have had other Covid symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 10 days
- You have been in close contact with anyone who is suspected of or confirmed as having Covid-19 in the 10 days before this event
- You are supposed to be Self Isolating or are undergoing testing for suspected Coronavirus.
If you have a condition that makes you Clinically Vulnerable, please follow current government and medical advice before registering.
If you need to withdraw your entry due to Coronavirus restrictions we will refund your entry fee on request.
In the event that regulations change and we have to cancel the event we will refund entry fees .
- Parents should be aware there are two lakes adjacent to the car parking and supervise their children accordingly.
- This is a busy forest park so there will be traffic coming and going all day and members of the general public in the competition area.
Event Queries / Late Entry Requests
Organiser: David Blair
Planner: Anthony McGonigle
Controller: Fred Corscadden
Date(s) - 2nd Apr 2022
11:00 - 15:00