Parking for competitors will be in the St Paul’s Garvagh Church car park which is adjacent to the small forest public car park marked on the map above. Many thanks to the Church for making this available.
The junior kitchen will be operating at the event – please support this good cause.
Registration will be in the public forest car park and will operate from 11:00am
Courses Close at 3pm.
Start and Finish are 75m from registration.
- Juniors £5 (NIOA members £4)
- OAP/ Unwaged £8.00 (NIOA members £6)
- Seniors £10.00 (NIOA members £8)
- Family £25 (NIOA members £20)
All courses will use the same 1:10,000 map. This has been completely resurveyed by Anthony McGonigle and David Blair summer 2018.
Toilets are available nearby in Garvagh.
Dogs should be kept on a lead.
The forest has matured greatly in recent years and areas which were felled in the 1980/90s now useable again. Older mature areas have have been allowed to mature further and make for attractive fast running. Mountain bike tracks (runners please exercise caution) have also opened up new areas and route choices.
- Parents should be aware that there is a river adjacent to the registration area.
- The area is popular for informal mountain biking and the courses use many of the resulting tracks. Runners should be aware of the possibility of meeting bikers in the forest.
Organiser: Charlie Reid
Planner: Gerry Meehan
Controller: Anthony McGonigle
Date(s) - 25th Aug 2018
11:00 - 15:00