Welcome to the North West Orienteering Club membership page – We are glad that you are considering joining us and hope that you become an active member of NWOC and enjoy orienteering for many years to come. You can now join NWOC via the online membership form provided by British Orienteering (for Club select NWOC) or by downloading the printable form (PDF).
Members of all clubs in Northern Ireland must also join the Northern Ireland Orienteering Association (also known as NI Orienteering) and British Orienteering. You will automatically join all 3 with a single application.
To complete the printable form there is a table of the current membership fees below.
New Membership Fees for 2020
|Senior (born 1998 or earlier)||£4.50||£5.50||£11.00||£21.00|
|Junior / Student (born 1999 or later)||£1.50||£3.50||£5.00||£10.00|
£5.00 per junior
£11.00 per senior +
£5.00 per junior
Membership of North West Orienteering Club is open to anyone but the Club is normally regarded as covering Derry and Strabane District Council and Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council Areas.
There is also good cooperation with the Irish Orienteering Association. NWOC members are frequently part of the all-Ireland team in the annual Home International (England v Ireland v Scotland v Wales) races at Junior, Senior and Veteran level. The Irish Championship is held in Northern Ireland every 4th year.
Benefits of becoming a member of the Northern Ireland Orienteering Association:
- Discounted entry to regional and district events within Northern Ireland
- Eligibility to compete in Northern Ireland Championships: Individual, Relay, Night and Score
- Vote at the Association AGM and special meetings
Additional benefits of becoming a Member of British Orienteering:
- Quarterly issue of the British Orienteering magazine “Focus” including the junior magazine “Ozone”
- Eligibility to compete in the British Championships JK, national, regional and local events in all regions
- Opportunity to qualify to represent your country at International Competitions
- Option to compete in a Rankings Scheme
- Access to “Navigational Challenge” and “Racing Challenge” Incentive Schemes
- Public Liability Insurance cover when participating at events and activities registered with British Orienteering
- Papers and vote at the British Orienteering AGM
- Discounts from national companies through the member benefit scheme
- Strengthen the voice of Orienteering
Annual Membership fees expire on 31st December, except for new members joining after 1st November who may receive up to 14 months membership. New members join now and get membership up until 31st December.